Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Los Angeles Favorites: El Torito Grill's Guacamole

Southern California has some great Mexican food including some restaurants that serve very traditional Mexican cuisine. Although I know that the best places are traditionally holes in the wall, I head to an established chain when I want good guacamole. El Torito Grill is a favorite stop for me when I head back home. There is nothing more satisfying that plopping down in one of their booths after a day of shopping in or walking around Beverly Hills and waiting for their signature guacamole to be prepared tableside while downing an iced tea. I always order it extra spicy (still not zippy enough for me) and topped with cotija cheese. On recent visits, the flavor has not always been consistent, but it is always fresh and delicious and not overladen with garlic and raw onions which is what separates it from other guacamole. I tell my husband that I could simply subsist on their guacamole with fresh chips and the hot flour tortillas served with sweet whipped butter and fresh salsa; ordering an entree after gorging on the aforementioned two always seems more like an afterthought, but somehow I always have room for a few bites of their yummy sizzling Carne Asada.

www.etgrill.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! It's nice to see your posts again.

Anonymous said...

Dear T,
Glad you updated the blog.
Best wishes!!!!!!
ELizabethK